Sermons By Eric Broyles
I. In these verses, Paul focuses on the attitude which:
A. befits the saint.
B. matures the saint.
C. coheres the church.
D. best emulates Jesus Christ.
1. God's election concentrates on making saints to be like Christ. ROM 8:29
2. The ministry of the word is to form Christ in us. GAL 4:19
3. The saint's plea ought ever to be, "He must increase, but I must decrease." (JOH 3:30)
4. The characteristic of christ which is emphasized here is condescension.
a. condescend: "To come down voluntarily. 2. fig. To com...
The Gospel Is Not Involved In Regeneration
I. This study treats of regeneration as an integral part of the eternal salvation of sinners which is the work of God alone and does not depend upon the gospel.
A. regeneration: The action of regenerating; the process or fact of being regenerated; re-creation, re-formation, etc.
B. regenerate: In religious use; to cause to be born again in a spiritual sense; to invest with a new and higher spiritual nature.
II. The condition of man precludes it.
(2CO 10:3-5) For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
1. The devil is waging war on our minds. 2CO 10:3-5; EPH 6:11-12
a. The devil wants you to believe lies, because he’s the father of them and he uses the...
The Lifting Up of the Lord Jesus Christ
I. Three times in the Gospel of John Christ prophesied of the manner of His death as being lifted up.
A. In JOH 3:14, Christ drew a parallel to Moses’ lifting up of the serpent in the wilderness.
c/w NUM 21:8-9.
1. The lifted up serpent was by the order of God, as was the death of Christ.
2. Inasmuch as the serpent speaks of the curse of death from sin, so Christ would die
under the curse of sin. 2CO 5:21.
B. In JOH 8:28, Christ said to the Pharisees, “...When ...
Christ’s Better Rest
I. The Book of Hebrews sets forth the superiority of Christ over angels, Moses, Levi and Joshua, etc.
A. Joshua of old did what Moses could not do: he brought a redeemed people into their God-
given inheritance. c/w ROM 8:3-4; GAL 3:10-13.
B. Joshua is spelled “Jesus” in ACT 7:45; HEB 4:8. Both names mean, “Jehovah saves” or
“Jehovah is salvation.” ISA 43:11 c/w MAT 1:21; 1JO 3:5.
C. As good and great as Joshua was, Paul shows the Hebrew Christians that Jesus is ...
Christians and Judgment
1) Didn’t Jesus say, “Judge not”? MAT 7:1-5
a) This is often used to condemn people, especially Christians, for judging others.
b) Jesus is condemning hypocritical judgment (i.e. judging in others what you do not
judge in yourself).
i) mote: 1.a A particle of dust; esp. one of the innumerable minute specks seen
floating in the sunbeam; an irritating particle in the eye or throat.
ii) a mote in the eye: often fig. (a) with allusion to Matt. vii. 3, a relatively trifling
1. The purpose of this study is to refresh us all on the responsibilities and methods of parenting as God has established and communicated them in the Bible. We’ll look at the following facts from scripture.
a. Children are a blessing from God.
b. The responsibility for training children falls upon the parents.
c. Foolishness is bound in your child’s heart.
d. The biblical method of disciplining your children is with the rod of reproof.
e. The biblical method of instructing your children is with the ho...
Taking Refuge in God’s House
A. The Spirit of Christ which is in us by the grace of God is holy and longs for holiness and righteousness.
B. Yet we are surrounded by corruption in this world.
1. In ourselves
2. In our families
3. In schools
4. In governments
5. In churches
6. In nature
C. So we want to get away from it. But where in this world do we go?
1. God’s house is the gospel church.
2. The gospel church has a geographical location.
3. God governs this wor...
￼The Importance Of A Day
A. Have you ever talked to someone about a doctrinal issue other than salvation itself who expressed that since it doesn’t directly impact salvation it doesn’t matter?
B. For example, we shouldn’t argue about the days of creation since they do not directly impact salvation.
C. “As long as we believe in Jesus Christ, that’s what’s important.”
D. This message will demonstrate:
1. that such a notion is not biblical and undermines God’s word.
a) that Jesus Christ ...