v. 1. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
A. David had been a shepherd of sheep made into a shepherd of men. PSA 78:70-72.
1. He was a shepherd who needed a shepherd and claimed none less than Almighty God as
his Shepherd who fed and guided him.
2. The LORD is Israel's shepherd (PSA 80:1) but he is personally David's shepherd. Our
relationship with our God is all the more special when it is personal. GAL 2:20.
3. David the shepherd and shepherd-king would feed, guide and reign again i...
v. 3. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
A. “He restoreth my soul...”
1. restore: To give back, to make return or restitution of (anything previously taken away or
lost). c/w JOB 33:27-30.
2. The best of sheep are prone to wander off and get lost (PSA 119:176) and therefore need to
be returned by conversion. PSA 19:7; JAM 5:19-20.
3. Upon return, the joy of salvation may also be restored. PSA 51:12.
B. “...He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness...