Pastor Boffey's blog
(Genesis 8:22) While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.
(37) O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
(38) Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
(39) For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
(RUTH 1:16) And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:
(15) But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
(16) This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
(17) For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
(18) But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
The following essay is used by permission of Christ Life Ministries.
Source: Christ Life Ministries (http://www.christlifemin.org/home/blog/articles/sentimental-religion/)
At the outset it must be clearly stated that “feminine” is a beautiful quality, when found in women. However, the “Feminist Movement” is an entirely different story. There is nothing feminine about the “Feminist Movement!”
(Ephesians 5:18) And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
In a previous meditation we considered what it means to be led of the Spirit: it is to be led by the Scripture which is given by the Spirit. A similar line of reasoning applies to today's text which speaks of being filled with the Spirit.
(Galatians 5:18) But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
(Acts 2:26) Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
(Acts 2:27) Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
(Genesis 13:11) Then Lot chose him all the plain of Jordan; and Lot journeyed east: and they separated themselves the one from the other.
(1) And it came to pass after these things, that the butler of the king of Egypt and his baker had offended their lord the king of Egypt.
(2) And Pharaoh was wroth against two of his officers, against the chief of the butlers, and against the chief of the bakers.
(3) And he put them in ward in the house of the captain of the guard, into the prison, the place where Joseph was bound.