LIVING THE GOOD LIFE (1 PETER 3:10-13)
I. Good days do not mean an absence of tribulation. JOH 16:33; ROM 8:18-23.
II. Good days result from good behavior. 1PE 3:10-13.
III. Ungodliness clearly can have direct negative physical consequences.
PRO 23:29-30; ROM 1:27.
IV. Sin can also generate emotional problems which produce their own health issues.
PSA 32:3-5; PSA 38:1-10.
A. A broken spirit is a weakening agency. PRO 15:13; PRO 17:22; PRO 18:14.
(25) So is this great and wide sea, wherein are things creeping innumerable, both small and great beasts.
(26) There go the ships: there is that leviathan, whom thou hast made to play therein.
(27) These wait all upon thee; that thou mayest give them their meat in due season.
(28) That thou givest them they gather: thou openest thine hand, they are filled with good.
(29) Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust.
It Begins At Home (Part 2)
Acts 2:26-27 "Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: (27) Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption."
2 Ki.2:23-24 "And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. (24) And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them."
Rev.2:9 "I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and [I know] the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but [are] the synagogue of Satan."
(1) Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.
(2) Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.
(3) Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.
(4) Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.
Num 17:1-13 "And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, (2) Speak unto the children of Israel, and take of every one of them a rod according to the house of [their] fathers, of all their princes according to the house of their fathers twelve rods: write thou every man's name upon his rod. (3) And thou shalt write Aaron's name upon the rod of Levi: for one rod [shall be] for the head of the house of their fathers. (4) And thou shalt lay them up in the tabernacle of the congregation before the testimony, where I will meet with you.
"We shall find all precious substance, we shall fill our houses with spoil: Cast in thy lot among us; let us all have one purse:" (Pro 1:13-14)
(15) And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,
(16) Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
(17) For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
(18) For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.